Saturday, March 29, 2008

His claim: Sent in the likeness of Jesus

I believe in all that which is contained in the Holy Qur’an and in true Ahadith. I do not claim that I am Jesus son of Maryas nor do I believe in the transmigration of souls. I only claim that I have been sent in the likeness of Jesus. As Muhaddathiyyat resembles Prophethood, in the same way my spiritual condition very closely resembles the spiritual condition of Jesus son of Maryas, and I am truly a Muslim.

In short, I am a Muhaddath from God and have been commissioned by Him. And at the same time I am a Muslim who has come in the fourteenth century as a Reformer of the faith from the Lord of the heavens and earth in the character and spirit of Jesus son of Maryas. I am not an impostor.

God Almighty looked at the world and found it in darkness and singularized His humble servant for the reform of His creatures. Do you then wonder that according to the Divine promise a Reformer has been sent at the turn of the century? God created him in the image of whichever Prophet He chose. Was it not necessary that the prophecy of the Holy Prophetsa should be fulfilled?

[Majmu‘ah Ishtiharat, vol. 1, pp. 231-232. Published Oct 2, 1891]

No comments: